Friday, August 15, 2008

Sitting by the side of the road

OK - so I hope you all enjoyed the recent postings. I had to upload the text sitting on the side of a wall (in the shade, at least) behind the locked gates of the "shopping center." It's August 15th. Religious holiday. Assumption (Ascension?? some "a" thing) of Mary. (Mary? Someone holy.) So the town closes down. Again. Because Sunday, Thursday afternoons and 3 hours all the other afternoons isn't enough closure. I had purchased some wifi time for my computer at the internet cafe (so Colin and I can be on line at the same time) and thankfully their connection doesn't turn off to celebrate Mary going to heaven. So I'm (literally) sitting by the side of the road to finish the postings before I head back up to pack.
All. the. Stuff.
Which has to come home with us Sunday.
Because Brian might (probably) not be coming back here.
It will be a small miracle to get it all packed up and the apartment in decent (???) shape before we leave BEFORE the crack of dawn on Sunday morning.
Wish me luck...

No comments: